Ririe-Woodbury Dance Company
Salt Lake City, Utah
Ririe-Woodbury Dance Company, a contemporary dance company established in 1964, seeks a dynamic, personable candidate with experience in fundraising, donor stewardship, and grant writing (research, writing, tracking, and reporting).
Job Description: The Development Director reports to the Executive Director, is responsible for overseeing and implementing grants, individual gifts, donor stewardship, and fundraising campaigns. Candidate will work closely with Executive, Artistic and Education Directors to seek and secure future funding sources, as well as working with the Board of Trustees. The Development Director will write and manage all aspects of the grant process with foundation, corporate, and government funding sources.
- Contribute to the overall fundraising goals and strategies to ensure the ongoing financial stability of the Company
- Manage and write all grant applications and ensuring that all deadlines and reporting requirements are met
- Oversee, plan, secure, and steward individual gifts, including donation receipts
- Oversee donor recognition on marketing materials and other print collateral
- Develop and implement biannual appeals
- Work with the Ambassadorial Committee on the Company’s annual benefit party and other public fundraising and audience development events
- Maintain and track donations through Giftworks database
- Coordinate with Marketing Director and/or Events Manager on possible corporate events during performances
- Attend meetings, events, and donor-related opportunities
- Proofread Company marketing materials and print collateral as needed.
Experience: At least three years of direct experience in nonprofit development, including knowledge of grants management, major gift solicitation, foundation/corporate solicitations, planned giving, fundraising events, and donor relations. Strong technical computer skills: Proficient in the use of computer technology and software including Microsoft Office, Giftworks (or other relational database), website management, social media, and other tools relevant to the position. A proven successful track record in grant writing and donor stewardship is required.
- Excellent writing/editing skills and verbal communication
- Excellent organizational skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Outgoing personal demeanor and an eagerness to meet with donors
- Knowledge of government funding agencies
- High comfort level with a creative, flexible, and collaborative work approach and the ability to work well with others
- Design skills beneficial, but not required
- The ability to work independently to research and find additional sources of revenue and grant opportunities that support the programs of the Company
Hours and Compensation: This is a full-time, exempt position that includes paid holidays, paid time off and medical insurance. Some evenings and weekends are required.
Ririe-Woodbury Dance Company is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer.
Subject: Development Application
Only finalists will be contacted. Please no phone calls.
Closing Date: Until filled