DEVELOPMENT ASSOCIATE POSITION
AVAILABLE IMMEDIATELY AND OPEN UNTIL FILLED
Spy Hop seeks a Full-Time Development Associate, specializing in foundation, government, and
business/corporate grant writing dedicated to youth development, digital media arts, and progressive
Spy Hop is in need of a full-time, savvy, intelligent, analytical, experienced grant writing/fund
development rock star! Join the development team to help strengthen and grow Spy Hop’s grant funding
while meeting assigned financial goals. This position works closely with and assists the Development
Director. Primary responsibilities include preparing, writing, and submitting foundation, government and
business/corporate grants; including reports and supplemental materials, managing the annual grant
schedule and calendar, researching new funding opportunities, database entry and management, event
support, and being a contributing team player as part of a high-functioning nonprofit organization.
Essential Responsibilities Include:
• Coordinate with the Development Director to meet fundraising goals by writing assigned
grant proposals, including letters of intent, mid-year, and year-end funding reports.
• Compile and update supplementary materials for all proposals in accordance with the
requirements specified in the grant guidelines.
• Work closely with the Development Director and Program Director(s) to ensure a high level
of understanding of knowledge of existing programs as well as upcoming projects to
effectively write proposals and research funding opportunities.
• Research and develop relationships with new funders while maintaining current funding
• Oversee, manage, and track annual grant calendar and schedule.
• Manage accurate data entry using Raisers Edge.
• Generate thank you letters, detailed giving reports, and mailing lists as needed.
• Oversee monthly recurring donations.
• Serve on the Annual Benefit fundraising committee in a leadership capacity, assisting the
Development Director with all aspects of planning the annual fundraising gala.
• Oversee logistics for Annual Benefit including managing event software.
• Represent Spy Hop at various community events and at Spy Hop screenings/events as
required -- may include occasional nights and weekends as needed.
Provide other development support as needed to the Development Director and Executive Director.
• Bachelors degree.
• 3-5 years of demonstrated grant writing/development experience required. Previous
experience writing government and/or business grants a plus.
• Excellent writing and communication skills.
• Experience using Salesforce, Raisers Edge, Greater Giving, and/or similar CRM database.
• Attention to detail and solid time management skills a must. Be able to work under tight
deadlines quickly and efficiently.
• Accuracy in grammar, spelling and punctuation as well as strong organizational skills.
• Event planning experience a plus.
• Must be able to collaborate and communicate with Spy Hop staff to obtain necessary
information to write compelling narrative for grant proposals.
• Understand and demonstrate the importance of good stewardship and donor relationships.
• Exhibit qualities such as cultural awareness, integrity, and humor.
Compensation: $36,000 to $40,000 DOE
Benefits: Health, dental, professional development, retirement benefits and paid vacation.
About Spy Hop: Spy Hop is a highly effective, nonprofit, youth media arts and educational enrichment
center founded in 1999, and is located in downtown Salt Lake City. Our mission is to mentor young
people in the digital media arts to help them find their voice, tell their stories, and be empowered to affect
positive change in their lives, their communities, and the World. Spy Hop’s programs take place in
dynamic studio environments where young people of all backgrounds engage in the production of their
own narratives and solutions to the challenges they face. Each year, independently and in collaboration
with numerous community partners, Spy Hop mentors nearly 2,000 young people. Our afterschool and
community programs in film, audio, design, and music are a model for youth development programs
across the nation and Spy Hop is recognized by the White House as a leading nonprofit arts and
How to Apply: No phone calls please. Please email resume, cover letter, two writing samples,
and references to:
Spy Hop Productions
Attn: Beth Branson, Development Director
669 South West Temple, Suite 202
Salt Lake City, Utah 84101
Visit our website at: www.spyhop.org for further information
Spy Hop Productions is an Equal Opportunity Employer