|25 Favorite Utah Traditions for NoW!
Ho HO HO,
Update your list for this weekend!
1. Candle Light Christmas: It's hard to describe the magic of Candlelight Christmas at This is the Place, Heritage Park. We'd like you to experience it! The Village is decorated like a Currier & Ives card, and you'll feel like you've taken a step back in time when you join us for this enchanting event. You'll enjoy a visit with Father Christmas. In the quiet of the Village the live Nativity scene is sure to touch the hearts of young and old alike. The Heritage Village Carolers return each year for an encore presentation, providing an inspiring backdrop to the glitter of lights, the glow of warm fires and the smells of Christmas. $5.00 discount tickets for everyone Click here for more info
2. CHRISTMAS CRUISE: Clas Ropes has a very unique Christmas Adventure - Fun for the whole Family! Come enjoy a lighted riverboat ride on the lower Provo River. It is like a hayride, but a boat ride. There are thousands of lights reflecting off the water, Holiday scenes along the shore, and Christmas music on the boat. Santa even comes to visit on his canoe. Last year close to 4,000 people enjoyed our Christmas Cruise during the month of December. We have two professional excursion boats that can accommodate 40 people per ride. Since the boats are uncovered, blankets and warm clothes are strongly encouraged. The ride is a round trip experience that takes 20-25 minutes, with departures every 30 minutes, on the hour and half-hour. For more information call our Cruise Event Line at 801-373-1897. Save 2.00 per ticket with your Utah Kids Club card Click Here for More Info
3. $3.00 Sleigh Rides to Santa: Tired of waiting in long boring lines at the mall just to see Santa? Well this year give your children an experience to remember. Grab your family and friends and join us at The Outlets at Traverse Mountain for a memorable Christmas evening. Take a ride on our horse drawn Christmas sleigh (on wheels) as you listen to the clatter of horse hooves, sleigh bells, and even sing along with Christmas carols. This will definitely be a night to remember as you take the short journey to visit Santa Claus at his home in the North Pole! Don’t forget your camera and your Christmas wish lists as your final destination will be to Santa's home. You will get the opportunity to meet the jolly ol' guy and pass on your Christmas wishes! Click here for discount info
4. Put Santa In Your House: Have your kids every wanted to catch Santa visiting your house? Mine have, and for the last few years Santa has been leaving pictures as proof. At www.CaptureTheMagic.com It is so easy to upload a picture of your house, christmas tree, pile of presents, etc., and then add Santa to it, then download. The picture is real proof that Santa was there! Thrill your kids this Christmas! Get a trial picture for free!! Visit www.CaptureTheMagic.com
5. Sleigh Rides To Santa: Santa Sleigh Rides are located at the Homestead Resort in Midway, Utah. Come for a fun horse drawn sleigh ride around the Homestead Resort and end at the North Pole. You will be invited inside to spend some time with Santa, himself in his humble home. Rides are approx. 25-30 minutes. Save 5.00 per ticket with coupon code ssr516 at http://www.rockymtnoutfitters.com/Santa-Sleigh-Ride then show your valid Utah Kids Club card when you arrive to confirm the discount More info here
6. Cookies & Cocoa with Santa AND FREE Pictures with Santa!! Santa Claus is coming to town, and this time he’s bringing his own cookies … and cocoa. Bring the little ones to get a complimentary photo taken with Santa, and receive a FREE holiday-themed gift and, of course, cookies and cocoa at Topgolf in Midvale, Saturday Dec 17th. Click here for more info. (Note the picture from Topgolf corporate says for the first 200 playing topgolf, in mommy words, it means the first 200 will get the goodie bag)
7. FREE Ogden’s Christmas Village: Christmas Village illuminates Ogden’s downtown area with magnificent displays and holiday lights every year from the Saturday after Thanksgiving through January 1. Spectators find themselves in a dazzling winter wonderland set aglow with Christmas lights and a unique setting of cottages modeled after Santa’s village at the North Pole. Santa greets children in his castle Monday through Friday from 6pm to 9pm and on Saturday from 5pm to 9pm. All children are invited to visit with Santa and share their wish lists and Christmas letters. Photos with Santa are available for $5 and proceeds benefit Christmas Village. Click here for more info
8. Christmas in Color: The perfect gift to give your family - time together. Utah families enjoy the tradition of driving around to admire the many lighting displays during the holidays--and this experience takes Christmas tradition to a whole new level! Imagine a million glistening LED lights synchronized to your favorite Christmas songs. This is an activity that family members from young children to grandparents will absolutely love. It's one ticket per car, so buy a ticket and pick up some friends and come enjoy this amazing extravaganza without leaving the comfort of your warm and cozy car! Highlights: Discount to see Christmas In Color valid for admission of one car Valid Mondays - Thursdays from 5:30pm-10:00pm from 11/21 to 12/15 Purchase online at www.Christmasincolor.net with coupon code "UTKIDS". See our video and win tickets at www.facebook.com/utahkidsclub
9. Festival of Trees: Where holiday magic transpires thanks to many hands! Within a 24-hour period, an empty exhibit hall transforms into a winter wonderland of uniquely decorated Christmas trees, wreaths, playhouses, centerpieces, and gingerbread houses. Shops are filled with dolls, handmade crafts and quilts, freshly baked cookies and candies, hot scones, and cinnamon rolls. While this holiday magic lasts only four days, it continues throughout the year in the hearts of those who volunteer and support the Festival of Trees. Most of all, the magic continues in the lives of children. Every penny raised is used to give “A Gift of Love” to children at Primary Children’s Hospital. At South Towne Expo Center Wed Nov 30th- Sat. Dec 2nd. Click here for more info
10.FREE Parade of Gingerbread Homes: This event has grown into a much loved local tradition, not only for those who might enter a gingerbread house but for those who participate by voting on their favorite edible wonderland. The general public will have a chance to vote for the top 3 displays during the Downtown Gallery Walk on Friday, December 9 from 6-9 p.m. Shop Downtown Logan, enjoy the Gingerbread Homes and vote for your favorite. Gingerbread homes will be on display throughout the month of December in downtown Logan. Click here for more info
11. Duchesne Cowboy Christmas: Enjoy holiday shopping and entertainment at Duchesne’s First Annual Cowboy Christmas! Hosted at the Duchesne County Centennial Event Center, vendors who live and work in and around the Uintah Basin's western culture will feature gifts for everyone on your list, including jewelry, original art, handcrafted leather items, custom saddles, wood creations, clothing, custom hats, furniture, ranch and farm supplies and much more. This two-day holiday shopping event also features entertainment for the whole family, including Utah Miniature Bull Riders Association, Utah's Mounted Thunder cowboy action shooters, Jackpot Bull Riding, cowboy singer Benjamin Dehart and Santa! 2.00 admission, more info here
12.Christmas Bird Count for Kids! Saturday, December 17, 2016 9:00am - 1:00pm* The National Audubon Society's Christmas Bird Count is the longest running citizen science project in the nation (more history here). Now, kids can get in on the fun and contribute data used to monitor and protect birds! Tracy Aviary's CBC4Kids group is responsible for surveying Liberty Park, and bird experts from Tracy Aviary and Great Salt Lake Audubon will be on hand to help kids identify and count birds. Get in on the action! Click here for more info
13. Call Santa!: Leave Santa a message with your Christmas wishes! He needs your help getting ready for Christmas! Send Santa your wish list so the elves can get started. Click here for more info
14. FREE Clinton Community Creche Festival: Enjoy hundreds of nativities and beautiful musical talent. Celebrate the birth of the Savior with your family and friends! Starts Friday, Dec 9 at 5pm and thru Sat. Click here for more info
15. FREE Timpanogos Chorale Christmas Concert: Come enjoy music celebrating the spirit of the Christmas season! Our concert series is a free gift to the community and will feature traditional favorites! Friday at 7pm, Click here for more info
16. Winter Wednesdays: Come to the Tracy Aviary every Wednesday from Nov 1st to March 29th for $1 admission! Enjoy our avian friends in the beauty of winter, with fun activities such as Indoor Bird Shows, and feeding our Pelicans or Sun Conures!
17. Christmas Tradition on the Farm!! Plan to come down to Petersen Farm starting November 28th for a fun family tree buying experience, farm style!. High quality trees, local produce/products, wagon rides, camp fire, Christmas gifts, and most importantly FUN for the kids!! Visit with Santa! Grab some hot cocoa or hot cider from Ms. Claus' Kitchen! Let the kids work on a craft in Santa's Workshop. Monday - Friday, 4:00 pm - 9:00 pm Saturday, 10:00 am - 9:00 pm, Sit on Santa's lap or take a wagon ride Monday, Fridayand Saturday nights from 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm. Petersen Family Farm: 11887 S & 4000 W Riverton, Utah 84096 www.Petersenfarm.com
18. FREE Elf Scavenger Hunt: Santa’s little helpers are back at Gardner Village as they prepare for the Christmas season. Enjoy our fun-filled displays and participate in our Elf Scavenger Hunt. The hunt starts on November 21st and goes through December 24th, so grab your camera and bring your kids as you make memories with the magical elves of Gardner Village. Click here for more info
19. FREESanta Claus and Mrs. Claus at Hill Aerospace Museum: Saturday, December 10, 2016. Santa and Mrs. Claus will arrive at the museum by Fire Truck at 11:00 am. They will go into the Museum's Hadley Gallery where they will greet good girls and boys. Kids will be able to sit on Santa's lap and tell him what they want for Christmas. Each child will receive a special treat from Santa and Mrs. Claus. Santa and Mrs. Claus are planning on staying at the Hill Aerospace Museum until about 2:00 pm. Come on out to the Hill Aerospace Museum to see Santa and Mrs. Claus and then take some time to take in the wonderful collection of aircraft and exhibits and "Take a Flight Through History." Click here for more info
20. BOGO Winter Wonderettes: It’s 1968 and the Wonderettes are the entertainment for Harpers Hardware Holiday party. When Santa (aka the boss, Mr. Harper) is a no-show, the ladies find that it’s up to them to make sure the evening is filled with Christmas cheer and everyone has a Merry Christmas. If you love 60’s girl group pop music and you also love Christmas, then you are in for a real treat. “The Winter Wonderettes” follows Missy, Suzy, Betty Jean, and Cindy Lou as they sing favorite holiday classics with a new spin, like Santa Clause is Coming to Town, Jingle Bell Rock, and Santa baby. Audiences will feel like singing along and dancing in the aisle as the Wonderettes take us back to a more innocent time. Use the Utah Kids Club promo code “JINGLE” at http://www.centerpointtheatre.org/ for our special BOGO.
21. Fantasy At The Bay: Friday, November 28, 2014 (All day) to Wednesday, December 31, 2014 (All day) Celebrate the holiday season with a trip to the drive thru holiday light show at Willard Bay State Park. Enjoy a visit with Santa, holiday music and hot beverages and snacks available from the park concession. Experience more holiday magic with 3D snowflake glasses for $1 per pair. Lights are open daily from 5 to 10 p.m., but closed Christmas Day. Each Wednesday is Family Night- entrance is 50% off. Click here for more details
22. FREE Santa’s Reindeer: November 28 - December 23, 2014 Monday - Saturday: 12 noon - 10 pm Thanksgiving Point is helping care for a couple of Santa's Reindeer before their big day. Stop by Water Tower Plaza at Thanksgiving Point to meet them and give them a pep talk before their big journey. Reindeer will depart after December 23 to fulfill official reindeer duties.
23. Lights on Temple Square: Christmas season on Temple Square officially opens each year when the millions of Christmas lights are turned on for the first time the day after Thanksgiving. All Christmas on Temple Square and EVE events are free, and all ages and peoples are welcome. There’s millions of lights, tons of concerts, children’s choirs, organ recitals, guided tours, films and more. For complete schedule click here
24. Cowboy Santa: Experience Christmas at The Farm at Gardner Village! Cowboy Santa will be visiting the petting zoo at The Farm every Friday and Saturday starting Friday, November 25th from 1-6pm until Saturday December, 24th (Christmas Eve Hours are 1-4pm). Bring the little ones to enjoy an unforgettable experience sitting next to the bearded man with the red cowboy hat and boots. Pricing is $5 per child for a pass to the petting zoo. Pony rides will also be available starting at $5 each (depending on the length of the ride). For more details contact The Farm at 801.706.8189 Tuesday through Saturday10am to 6pm. Open weather permitting. Click here for more info
25. Go see the Elk: It’s just about time to celebrate the return of the elk to Hardware Ranch Wildlife Management Area with the annual Elk Festival. This year's festival will be held at Hardware Ranch WMA on Saturday Dec. 10, from 10 a.m. to 2:00 p.m. There will be many fun and free family activities in addition to the regular sleigh rides and visitor center. Activities will include fish printing, wildlife Christmas ornament crafting and more.The 2016–2017 elk-viewing season at Hardware Ranch will run from Dec. 9, 2016 until Feb. 27, 2017. Gather the kids and bundle up! Sleigh rides to see the elk up close are 5.00 per adult and $3.00 per child Click here for more info
Nutcracker, How the Grinch Stole Christmas, Night Before Christmas, Starry Night, The Forgotten Carols, A Joyful Christmas, Charly Brown Christmas, A Christmas Carol, Christmas boutiques, FREE Jolly Being Festival and more at www.UtahKidsClub.com. Just Click the event calendar any day of the week to find your FUN
Click here for more fun!